Wednesday 18 May 2016

Super Junior Fan Fiction "Elphena (Elph)" (Chapter 9)

Elph
Written By: Michele Hii
Chapter 9: See? I told you it's not that bad~Leeteuk 

Clomps of footsteps roared through the corridor of the hospital. SuJu, Prince Manager and I rushed to the doors of the emergency room. The sign above the doors was lit up.
"It's ongoing." Kangin murmured.
"I hope he's okay." Ryeowook said.
"This is not the first time he got in a car crash," Leeteuk shook his head, "Why is this happening again?"
I stared at the operation room doors as a flashback appeared in my head. In a solemn clip from an episode of Korean variety show, Strong Heart, Kyuhyun told everyone about the car crash he was involved with Leeteuk, Eunhyuk, and Shindong back in the year 2007. Once he said that he had six broken ribs that were pierced into his lungs, I was horrified and I couldn't imagine how close he was to death in that condition.
And then he was involved in another car crash in year 2011 when he was gonna perform in "The Three Musketeers" musical. That time, his arm and leg were injured.
But what about now? What was the condition this time? I wouldn't want to know. I just want to know that he's okay...that's he's alive...he's too young to die...I just can't...
Tears came out from my eyes as I collapsed on the floor and sobbed. A gentle arm landed on my shoulders and I was pulled into a hug. "Hang in there, Elphena. Kyuhyun will be okay. I'm sure of it." Kangin whispered. That made me worse. I cried even harder. A small, doubtful voice echoed behind my head, saying "What if he won't?"
Kangin helped me out as I covered my face with my hands. He took me to the center and the entire gang formed a circle to squeeze me into a group hug.
"Hyung!" a familiar voice rang through the walkway. I peeked through my hands and saw Henry and Zhoumi coming by and spread their arms to get in the hug. We were in that bundle for one whole minute.
"We need to believe that he'll be okay." Leeteuk choked between his tears.
He was right. If we didn't have faith that Kyuhyun will be rescued by the doctors, Siwon, Donghae, Eunhyuk, Sungmin, and Shindong, who were in the army, would be worried. Very worried. And that would bring SuJu to a downfall as well.

The doors shortly swung open and out came the doctor in a blueish green surgeon suit and a blue mask.
Everyone crowded in front of him.
"Doctor! How is he?" Leeteuk asked.
The doctor removed his mask and answered, "The good news is...he's alive. We've given him stitches all over his head and there's no serous injury in his body. The bad news is he has lost a lot of blood."
"Is there anything we can do, doctor?" Leeteuk asked.
"Well...Kyuhyun's blood type is O so if you have the blood type to donate blood to him or if you can find someone with with suitable blod types to do so, he'll be back to normal in no time."

"I'll do it!" Ryeowook immediately shot his right hand up.
"Me too!" Kangin agreed.
"Same here!" Leeteuk nodded.
 The thought of donating blood scared me because I was a little scared of needles, but I would do anything to help my love, so I raised my hand as well.
The doctor was stunned to see our determination that he nodded with a satisfactory smile, "Very well then. You can come by to do it tomorrow morning at 10am. Does that works for you all?"
"Absolutely! We'll be here." Leeteuk replied.
"Excellent."
"Um...doctor..is it okay if we see him now?" I asked.
The doctor looked at me and replied gently, "Sorry, but we can't let anyone in the operation room. You can see him tomorrow."
"Oh..." I looked down.
"Have a good night everybody." the doctor waved and left.

"Okay boys, let's go home and get a good night's sleep. We have a big thing to do tomorrow." Leeteuk ordered.
"Wait!" I paused and walked to the doors of the emergency room.
"Elphena, you're not supposed to go in there." Heechul warned.
I stopped in front of the doors and leaned against it with my hands touched on the frame. Tears flowed out again.
"Oppa, it's me, Elph. I hope to see you again. I...I never have the chance to tell you how I feel..." I could taste the salty sadness in my tears. It made my heart ached more. "Oppa...I love you. Saranghaeyo." I shut my eyes and hung my head.
A gentle hand wrapped on my shoulders, "Come on Elphena. Let's go." Kangin said.
I nodded shakily and followed him with the rest of the group back to the parking lot.

                                                                                             *                         *                            *

"Liz?" I gasped, "What are you doing here?"
She smiled and gave me a hug, "I'm here to donate blood."
"For Kyuhyun?"
"Uh huh!"
"But why?"
"What?" she raised her eyebrow, "Can't a friend help?"
"Well...yeah...I guess...but why didn't you tell me?"
Liz's parents stood behind her and smiled too, "We want to return the favour."
"For what?"
Liz's father turned back to wave at Leeteuk and Prince Manager who were in the process of the blood donation.
"For helping my daughter." he replied.
"Wow...uh...thank you!" I bowed.
"Plus, my dad and I have blood type O, so it's perfect." Liz winked. 

"Okay! Let's see...uh...Elphena Azure Wong?" the nurse at the front read her clipboard.
I fidgeted a little, but I quickly stood up and let me feet forcing my whole body to move to an empty reclining chair.
"Don't be nervous, Elphena! It's actually not that bad." Leeteuk smiled beside me. He looked laid back on his chair with his right arm taped to a tube connected to a blood bag. I didn't know which one was more nasty. A needle to be pierced into my arm or a bag of blood transmitted from my system?
A nurse came by and discussed a set of procedures with me, including testing blood pressure and doing some arm exercises to release the tension in the muscles. She finally held out a needle and my eyes widened.
"Oh boy..." I gasped.
"It's okay, ma'am! Just relax. It's not gonna hurt." she smiled and pressed the needle gently onto my skin. I closed my eyes and bit my lip.
"Elphena! Fighting!" Leeteuk cheered.
I stayed still with my eyes sealed shut. I tried not to picture the needle going through my arm. Shortly, I felt her attaching the needle with tape.
"Now what?" I slowly opened my eyes.
"Now? You just have to wait till that bag over there is filled with your blood."
"Sounds eerie, but okay."
He hid his mouth with his good hand and chuckled. I stared at him in surprise.
"It's not eerie. This is just donating blood." he said.
"It's my first time donating blood, Teukie hyung." I mumbled.
"Ah! I see! Well, don't worry. You'll get used to it."

After ten minutes of watching short SuJu Youtube videos on my phone, I sensed someone peeling the tape off and removed the needle.
"You can rest here for ten more minutes, just to get you back on your feet." the nurse smiled and sealed my pint of blood.
"Okay." I nodded and looked at Leeteuk who looked refreshed. He sat up and looked back at me, "See? I told you it's not bad."
I smiled back. I prayed that with all of the blood collected, my dear Oppa would have his healthy body back...soon.

I just realized that I needed to go to the washroom, so I quickly excused myself.
Suddenly, I heard footsteps from my right. I turned and saw a familiar face I remembered back in Kyuhyun's cafe. Mrs. Cho walked towards me with a man with a business suit and glasses.
"Kyu's Mom and Dad!"  a voice said in my head.
Once they saw me , they stopped walking and stared. A chill ran down to my spine. I wanted to run straight to the washroom which was further down, but I knew it would be rude.
"Annyeong Haseyo!" the mother bowed, "You're Elphena, right?"
"Huh? Oh! Annyeong Haseyo!" I bowed back.
"Annyeong Haseyo, Elphena-ssi." the father bowed as well. I bowed back.

There was a silence. I was meeting my boyfriend's parents, parents of a Hallyu star. Oh my gosh...this just got super awkward!
Finally, the mother said, "Thank you."
I blinked, "Huh?"
"Thanks for everything. Kyuhyun has told us so much about you. You've made him happy ever since. And you're even here to donate blood to him. We can see that you've cared for our son." she explained.
I was just speechless. I only met her for a few minutes and she thanked me for loving her son!
The father nodded in agreement and added in a gruff but sincere voice, "He hasn't been in a relationship in a long time. And so we're grateful when we find out that he has found his lucky girl."
They looked happy. They sounded happy. Despite the physical condition their son was in, they were still happy to see me as a person who cared so much for Kyu.
"A lot of things happened ever since I bumped into him, but I'm thankful for knowing more of him and I love being with him. The thing is," tears starting to come out, "I want to thank you for giving birth and raising the best man I've ever known in my life. He may face unexpected tough times like this but he has overcoming every single one of them with a willing heart. Ever since I become an ELF, he inspires me to be strong as well."
Mr. Cho and Mrs. Cho nodded and smiled.
"I'm happy that he has achieved so much to become the person he is today. A man with ambition, with a heart, with humour....with everything. You've given him so much support in his career and you're concerned with his health as much as I do. He definitely is lucky to be your son, to be a part of Super Junior, and most of all...he's lucky to be my Oppa. I bet the ELFs feel the same way because they've been showering him with love for many years."
"We know, dear, we know." the mother smiled and walked to give me a hug. At that moment, I broke down and hid my face on her sleeve.
Little did I knew, the father came towards us and joined the hug.
"Just...thank you...kamsahamnida ....for having him." I said.

                                                                                              *                         *                           *

I was dragged by the boys to a radio station where they were scheduled to be guests that afternoon. I was about to sit in the control room when suddenly Leeteuk told me to go inside the studio.
"I thought you guys are the only guests there." I exclaimed.
"You are a guest as well. Remember when you said you want to clear the scandal?" he pointed out.
"Oh...right...but I've never been on air before, especially on a radio program."
"You'll be fine. Take it as a casual conversation but recorded."

I sat next to Leeteuk with a mic hanging in front of us. The host, Lee Nim, greeted his listeners with a brief speech before introducing us. Suddenly, the host switched his attention on me and asked me in Korean. I quickly shook my head. Leeteuk then translated, "He asked you how did you get to know Kyuhyun?"
I looked at him, "You mean he's asking me how we met from the start?"
"Yeap. Since you're here, you have to tell everything from the beginning."
I cleared my throat and allowed flashbacks to appear in my head.
"Well, it all started when I was in his cafe and then I accidentally bumped into him. He unexpectedly caught me and customers were just there taking photos and making them as a rumour that Kyuhyun and I had something between us." I paused for a while as Leeteuk translated back to Korean before I continued, "I hoped to forget about it until the paparazzi charged at me when I was on break in the middle of my class back in Seoul National University. I didn't know how did they get there but honestly I didn't know what to say in front of them. And then...I got fired because of the scandal that was spreading around...and Kyuhyun...well...he saved me from that mess. I escaped away from the horror for a while by spending a lot of time with him and the rest of Super Junior. I realize that...the more I'm with Kyuhyun, the more I have feelings for him."
Leeteuk then passed down the host's next question "He asked you whether the scandal is true since you said you have feelings for Kyuhyun."
"Yes, I do like Kyuhyun. In fact, I'm in love with him. And that's the truth." I nodded, "I like him as a fan at first, but now I like him even more as my real first love."
"A lot of fans will be jealous about this." Leeteuk translated from the host.
"Yes, I know that. And honestly, I think the fans should be happy and support us instead of not accepting us. I mean, yes, there are a lot of people who are hypnotized by Kyuhyun's looks, talent and charm, and their hearts will shatter if they see their bias being with someone, But let's face it. In real life, we are distracted by school, work, family, friends, dreams and a lot of other things. And one day in this world, you will ended up meeting someone. Someone who is interested in you. Someone who will inspire you to find yourself or to change yourself to be a better person. And if you keep being jealous just because the person you like happens to be interested in someone else, don't cling on to your negative feelings. It's pretty bad. If you don't accept the fact that we're together, I don't blame you. But as an ELF, you should know that our fan base name "Everlasting Friends" means friends who trust on one another for eternity. Super Junior creates that fan name for a reason, that is to love one another and to build a strong bond, just like their teamwork."

Everyone applauded. It was a response I didn't expect. Super Junior, the host, and radio staff were clapping and cheering for me.
"Why are you all clapping?" I exclaimed.
"Because you did it!" Leeteuk smiled, "You've told the truth. You've split what's on your heart. Now that's a true ELF."
A smile crawled on my face. Then, I spotted Liz who just came by from blood donation. Heechul's face lit up and immediately got up from his chair and darted into the control room. As I watched them talk, I noticed their cheeks turned red. Liz suddenly took out her phone right in front of Heechul. She seemed to be texting someone. As I was about to go there, my phone buzzed in seconds with a text,
OMG Heechul just asked me out for coffee!!!!! :D
I squeaked in delight and did a thumbs up. Liz who spotted me had the smile of a child after getting Halloween candy. Looks like someone was slowly replacing her bias from another K-Pop group. Liz, if you're reading this, your welcome. ;)

The radio session ended shortly and everyone gave each other a pat on the back, "You all have worked hard!"
I headed to the control room to grab my purse when suddenly the acoustic guitar ringtone blasted from my phone.
"Hello?" I answered.
"Hi, am I speaking to Miss Wong?" a male voice asked.
"Um...yes it is."
"This is Song Hyun, dean of Seoul National University. I was wondering if you can come over to my office as soon as possible?"
Question marks floated in my head. Did he just said I was to go to meet him?
"But I don't work there anymore."
"I know, but it's urgent. It's about your students."
"Who?"
"Miko and Kinora. I'll explain everything when you come here. I'll see you in my office."

No comments:

Post a Comment