Sunday 15 May 2016

Super Junior Fan Fiction "Elphena (Elph)" (Chapter 8)

Elph
Written By: Michele Hii
Chapter 8: You better come quick. Now. ~Liselle 
Wait a minute...did I just kissed my pillow???
I woke up with my hands holding the pillow super close to my face and my lips touching it!
What the heck just happened? I couldn't believe I just make out with an inanimate object!
Then, I remembered that magical moment last night. That minute when I forgot my shyness and just stepped forward to touch Kyu's soft, tender lips with mine....it was a scene I would never forget forever.

I changed into a purple shirt and light blue jeggings (jean-style leggings) before peeking through the door. Kyu was sitting on the floor with his legs crossed. His hands marched madly on the keyboard of his Macbook. I tiptoed to him and sneaked a surprise kiss on his head.
"Morning, Oppa." I sang, wrapping my arms around his neck.
Kyu looked back at me with a smile. His black-rimmed spectacles matched handsomely with his eyes.
"Morning, Elph." he touched my nose with his finger.
"What are you doing?"
"I'm still tracking down the hackers."
"You're not giving up huh." my smile dropped.
"I just have to keep looking."
I sighed and sat next to him. His hands were quick and his eyes darted around the screen. He was so focused.
"Kyu, you don't have to do this."
"Why?"
"Because it looks impossible. The hacker may be anonymous or keeps moving around."
"But don't you want your blog back?"
"I can create a new blog. It's not really a big deal."
Kyu stopped and looked at me. He paused his swift typing and reached his arms to hug me.
"Something tells me that you're doing something important with that blog,so I'm doing this for you, and you should be happy."
"I am but...it's just that..."
I was about to finish my sentence when suddenly my phone buzzed in my pocket.
"Go ahead." Kyu said and continued with the "assignment.".

I walked to a corner of the room and answered,
"Hello?"
"E...Elphena? It's me...Liz."
"Is something the matter? You sound like you're running out of breath."
"You better come quick. Now."
"Why?"
"My house....someone broke in."

My eyes widened. I nearly dropped my phone.
"Someone...broke into your apartment?" I asked. My throat immediately went dry.
"Please, Elphena...I need you right now." she quivered.
"Hang on, okay? I'm coming!" I said.

"Something the matter?" Kyu asked. Once he read my face, his brow furrowed.
"Someone has broke into my friend's apartment."
"You mean there's a burglary happened at Liz's place?" his eyes widened.
I nodded, "I'm going there right now."
"Wait!" he closed his laptop, "I'm coming with you."
"No, I don't want you to get involved."
"Why?"
"Because it doesn't have to do with you." I ran to grab my purse when suddenly he grabbed me by my hand, "I don't care. I wanna come with you."
"No, Oppa, you should stay. You say you want to track the hacker so why don't you continue?"
"Please...I want to help." he said. I looked into his puppy eyes. Sigh...I just don't want him to get into trouble.
But still...
"Okay. " I gave in.
"Let me make a call. I know someone who can take us there." he gave a reassuring smile and took out his phone.

The next thing I knew, Prince Manager stopped by at the parking lot with Leeteuk, Heechul and Kangin
"We want to come too. We want to help." Leeteuk offered.
"Really, you guys don't have to come. I move in with Liz in the first place so it's my responsibility to handle this case." I explained.
"But you're one of us too. And as a family, we hate seeing you solving problems on your own." Kangin said.
"Plus ELF has been standing with us for many years, and we want to return the favour for our ELF." Ryeowook added.
I didn't even know what to say. They were willing to help. It really touched my heart.
"Thanks, you guys." I smiled gratefully.

                                       *                              *                           *
"Oh my gosh!" I gasped. The doorknob was unscrewed super loose from the door. I quickly pushed it and entered.
I couldn't believe my eyes. It was like a tornado swept in and carried everything with it, leaving a big pile of garbage. The couches were overturned. The plasma screen TV was smashed on the floor with glass scattered all over. The fridge was wide open with not a single food in sight. The table was split into half.
I spotted Liz lumbered down the stairs with a man in a striped polo shirt and long brown pants behind her. I recognized right away it was her father.
"Liz!" I called.
She looked up with smeared eyeliner around her teary eyes. She said nothing but ran to hug me.
I stood there as she shed tears on my shirt.
Kyuhyun and the others who stood behind me were shocked to see the ruined house as well.
"Who would ever do this?" Heechul frowned.

"Elph..." Liz finally spoke, "The burglar also ransacked your room and destroyed your treasure."
"What treasure?"
"Your DIY."
I froze for a moment. It. Did Not.
I rushed upstairs and through the opened door of my room. The bed was undone and stacks of paper split from the drawer of the desk. Then, I remembered hanging my DIY frame at the back of the door. As I swung it, a decorated cardboard broken in half plopped on the floor. My heart sank. I picked it up and stared at my masterpiece in horror. The cardboard was literally shredded, becoming garbage instead of a beautiful reusable object. My SuJu photocards were missing as well. The burglar must have removed them from the frame, making them theirs.
That was the only SuJu merchandise I had, and now it's stolen. I just stood there with my hands still holding the broken frame. Kyu came by and saw me looking deadpanned.
"Elph?" his voice was soft. 
I didn't look up. I suddenly felt my body wrapped by his arms. I didn't know why, but when he hugged me, I couldn't control myself. I started crying and hid my face on his chest. It seemed silly of me to cry over a piece of wood which I'd transformed into a decoration, but it was made to store my gift and it also represented my love of Super Junior. But the worst of all, I couldn't believe someone would do this to my friend's home. Everything was destroyed. It was no longer an ideal home.

After I calmed down, I placed the frame down and went downstairs with Kyu. Liz was standing next to his father who was discussing seriously with the manager. Kyu and I looked at each other and then back at them as they raised their voices in disagreement.
"No! I don't need your money. I'm capable of helping my daughter to restore this dorm." the father said.
"But sir, I really want to help. This place is in a really bad condition."
"Only the furniture and the front door is destroyed. We can handle this, so it's none of your business. I don't even know why you're involved in my daughter or my daughter's friend's life."
"Excuse me?" Jung Hoon @ Prince Manager raised his eyebrow.
"I have a feeling that the person who did all this has something to do with you K-pop stars. I've heard of the scandal and it's still spreading, yet nobody knows how to make it stop."
"Sir," Leeteuk stepped forward, "Please, let us help. Elphena is like a sister to us, and she has told us so much about your daughter. Not only we care about Elphena, but Liselle too."
"Please, sir, I hope you accept my offer. If not, I can just help your daughter to buy new furniture." Jung Hoon said.
"Maybe we just let them." Liz agreed.
Her father looked at her in surprise, "Are you serious?"
"I can use my own money, but I won't have enough to cover all of the furniture."
"Sir..." I cleared my throat. Her father turned to me with a stoned face and arms crossed.
"I've been on a crazy journey, but Super Junior has cheered me up and helped me a lot this week. If you can just give these awesome people a chance, they can help Liz."
From my side view, I could sense my Oppa nodding.
"Very well then." he turned to Jung Hoon, "You can help with the furniture. We'll let you know."
"Alright!" Ryeowook grinned.
"It's settled!" Kangin high-fived Leeteuk, Heechul, Kyuhyun, and me. I laughed. Phew! It's a good thing that they were there.

                                                                                 *                                 *                                  *
"I actually like staying with my parents this time." Liz said on the phone, "I have to admit, I miss my mom's daily cooking."
"Haha! I can tell." I smiled.
"Thanks, by the way..."
"Huh?"
"You explained to my dad that you trust Super Junior and they can help me out. In fact, I've never seen you so brave before. You just told him. Straight to the point."
"Well, I'm just standing up for you, that's all."
"And I'm glad that Heechul was there too."
"Oooooh Heechul! I can sense that you're blushing!"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes you are!"
"Am not!"
"Am too!"
"Stop it!"
I burst out laughing.
"Yeah...anyway I gotta go. I heard Mom's calling me for dinner. It's been a while since I eat with my family."
"Well go and enjoy being with your family, Liz."
"Thanks! Oh! And you have three days left right. I look forward to seeing you again."
"Oh...right...yeah...I'll see you then."

Three days left? How could time ever be so fast? I leaned back on the chair and looked around Donghae's cozy room. Honestly, I wanted to stay here a little longer. It was peaceful being with Liz, but it was merrier being with SuJu. I wasn't joking at all. Cooking with Ryeowook, chatting with Henry about Canada and with Zhoumi about Chinese food, betting Heechul in Frozen Freefall, playing with Yesung's turtle even though it hid in its shell most of the time, listening to hilarious stories from Leeteuk and Kangin, and last but not least, spending a lot of time with Kyuhyun...every moment here in this dorm was like missing pieces found to complete a puzzle.

"Hey hey hey! Everyone, come over here!" the leader called from the living room. I closed my laptop and headed off the door. Leeteuk and Heechul stacked the dining table with white boxes of black bean sauce noodle @ jajangmyeonn @ my all time favourite Korean dish ever!
"Whoa! What's going on here? A party?" Ryeowook exclaimed as he came by with a white shirt and giraffe-print pants.
"I thought this will cheer Elphena up after what happened this morning." Leeteuk showed his dimple smile.
"Gee, thanks, Teukie hyung, but I'm already feeling better. Liz now stays over at her parents' place and she knows she has to spend more time with her family. If she's happy then I'm happy."
"Good to hear that! And I'm sure we can help your friend to bring her home back."
"I mean it! Really! You guys have done enough! You guys spent the whole afternoon today just looking for furniture. Liz and I can't thank you enough."
"We're just happy to help, Elphena." he winked.

Shortly, everyone gathered at the table...wait a minute...where's Kyu? I thought he's back at this time. He told me he had to do a Radio Star recording, but until now he hadn't came back.
"Anyone knows where Kyu is?" I asked.
"No idea." Yesung shrugged.
"Me neither." Kangin replied.

I immediately got up and dialed his number. As I paced around the kitchen, the beeping from the phone made me impatient. I decided to try again, and there was a click followed by the sound of siren.
"Hello? Kyu Oppa?" I began.
"Hello, are you related to Cho Kyuhyun?" a different voice appeared.
"Uh..yes, where's Kyuhyun?" I asked.
"This is the paramedics from Mapo District hospital. We're sending him to the hospital right now."
"T...the hospital?" I gasped.
"Yes, ma'am, he was in a car crash."

I immediately hung up. I stared at the wall.
"Hey, Elphena! Is Kyuhyun on his way?" Leeteuk called.
"He's...sent to the...hospital." I replied.
Everyone stopped eating and stared.
"What do you mean?" Heechul's eyes widened.
"The paramedics answered his phone. He was in a car crash."

The front door suddenly slammed open and the manager stormed in with sweat stained his whole red shirt.
"Manager-hyung!" Leeteuk exclaimed.
"Did you guys heard?"
"Yeah, we just knew."
"Then let's go! There's no time to lose!"

Everyone dropped their cutlery and went off. I couldn't even move my feet. I was deeply in shock. How the hell did he got in a car crash?
Suddenly, Leeteuk grabbed me by my hand and looked at me with a hopeful smile.
"Have faith, Elphena. Kyuhyun's not gonna be gone." he said.
I wanted to bail and cling on him, but I knew he was right. There's still hope.
I followed Leeteuk down to the parking lot, into the SuJu van, and prayed for Kyuhyun all the way to Mapo District Hospital.
Kyu Oppa....please....please be okay...

No comments:

Post a Comment