Saturday 21 May 2016

Super Junior Fan Fiction "Elphena (Elph)" (Chapter 10)

Elph
Written by: Michele Hii
Chapter 10: You just don't know how to be an ELF~Elphena


Prince Manager quickly dropped me off at the entrance of hell. I sighed as I looked at the campus. I shouldn't be here. I didn't even know why I was told to come here again.
"I'm gonna go back to pick up the boys and I'll come back here okay?" he said.
"Got it! Thanks, Jung Hoon ssi!" I smiled and went in.

Shockingly, I still remembered the way to the dean's office. I took the elevator to the highest floor, passed by the computer labs, made an exit and stopped in front of a red door.
"Come in!" the dean's voice muffled once I knocked.
I quietly walked in. The room was silent. The two Japanese girls from my former Creative Writing class sat stiffly in front of Mr. Song Hyun. Once they turned their heads to see me, their faces were the colour of paper. 
"Ah! Miss Wong!" the dean welcomed.
"What's going on?"
"Turns out that these two are the ones that turn the tables."
"Wh...what do you mean?"
"I've looked at the security cameras last night," he explained, "and I found out that Miko and Kinora were talking to the paparazzi before your class started."
I looked at the two girls and then back at the dean, "So you're saying?"
"They told the reporters that you're in their class and that's how they managed to invade in the building."
I stared at them in shock. How could they?
"And that's not all." the dean dialed a number on his desk telephone and said, "You can come in now."

Heavy footsteps could be heard from the door. As it swung open, a couple of policemen came in.
"What in the world is going on?" I exclaimed.
"Miss Wong, these two girls have committed a lot more violation than you think." the dean replied.
"Huh?"
One of the policemen stepped forward, "A K-pop star has successfully found the hackers. He reported to us that they're the ones who hacked this blog called 'SJ Insider'."
My eyes widened, "Kyuhyun? He did it?"
The other policeman came by with a set of papers stapled together, "Somehow these two girls managed to find your blog account password and break into your blog to do the hacking."
I flipped through the papers in surprise. They had the time and activity recorded from the Internet, including when they started to make my blog vanish.
"But don't worry, I've told them to retrieve your blog." the policeman said.
Oh Kyu...He must have done it before he left for Radio Star. I wished he was awake by now so that I could thank him for helping me. Not only tracking down the guilty but everything else.

The other policeman then walked to me with a thick stack of photos.There's more???
"Also, we found these two girls at the scene where the car crash happened with Cho Kyuhyun."
I looked through the photos one by one. Miko was sitting next to Kinora who was driving a grey Toyota. It collided against an Audi A7 like a crumbled paper. As the photos were zoomed in, I stopped and stared at one photo. Sitting behind the wheel of the crashed car...was my Oppa. His head leaned against the broken window. Blood oozed all over his head.
"You two...crashed...his car?" I glared at them.
Miko and Kinora didn't looked up. Their heads hung and their fingers were in fists on their laps.
It all makes sense now. But what took me by disappointment and surprise was that they weren't injured. They had successfully harmed the innocent, the K-pop idol whom they fangirled. Somehow I would blame myself, or God, for not protecting Kyu. However, if I were given a request, I wished that these two kids would refrain from hurting Kyu or anyone else. 

"Miss Wong..." Kinora finally looked up and spluttered.
"Do you ever realize what you've done?" I raised my voice, "Not only you hurt me but also a K-pop star. You've ruined two human beings here. How could ever do such things to a couple who meets in an unexpected accident but eventually falls in love with each other? How could you ever let jealousy and hatred control over you to ruin my happiness? First, you snatched away my privacy which is the paparazzi back at the washrooms. Second, my interest of sharing SuJu news in my blog. And third, my one true love who has worked so hard as a Super Junior member and has found his lucky girl."
The two girls continued to stared down and kept quiet. I could feel my blood boiling with rage.

"I don't know whether you've heard me confessing everything on the radio an hour ago, but I'm just gonna say it one more time just to make myself clear." I continued, "If you love Super Junior, then you should be happy and support them. Support everything they do. Support their loved ones. Support the decisions they have made. Show love to them. Understand them. Not only them but also to other ELFs. ELFs all over the world. Do you know how many ELFs are there? Probably millions! They are all over the world, but they have their eyes on fifteen incredible men whom they cherished for many years. As for you two, you've gone way too far. You've taken Kyuhyun away from us, you should be ashamed of yourselves! I don't mean to say this but...you just don't know how to be an ELF."

I was pretty sure I noticed tears staining on their hands as they hid their faces with their hair.
The dean broke the silence with an "ahem". I took a deep breath and tucked the end of my fringe to the back of my ear.
"With that being said," the dean said, "we're kicking these two out of the university. They'll also be sent to the police station right away."
"Okay." I nodded and bowed, "Then, I guess I'm done here."
"Wait, Miss Wong." he stopped, "I also would like to apologize for what I've said to you back then. I was wondering if you would like your job back."
I stood there, facing the door. I refused to look back, "No, Mr. Song Hyun. It's okay. I don't want to come back here anymore. I'm happy with where I am now."
With one big step of my black Converse, I strutted out of the office and made my way back out of the building.

                                                                                                  *                          *                             *
"What are you doing?" Ryeowook asked as he peeked at me. His eyes became as big as saucers once he saw me pressing the "Delete Blog" button on my phone.
"Elphena! What the heck are you doing?" he yelped.
I looked back at him with a smile, "I'm removing what was once my greed and pride."
"What do you mean?"
"I think I have had enough of updating this blog. I've been chasing for recognition through interviews about experiencing Super Junior concerts and other stuff, but now...I no longer have the heart to go after people."
"But you love writing about us right?"
"Well, now that I've met you guys, I've finally know what it feels like to be Super Junior and what an ELF should really do. You all have worked so hard. You each have unique personalities. You all have your own lives. However, you love one another and work together as a team. Living with you all for the past week has been the best experience I've ever had in my life and I'm thankful for knowing you guys like this."
Ryeowook looked back at my phone which now showed the Wordpress login page.
"So...are you gonna continue writing?"
"What do you mean?"
"You've deleted your blog, which I guess you quit writing."
"Heavens no!" I exclaimed, "Just because I quit my blog doesn't mean I quit writing. I'll still be working on my novel and any other kinds of writing, but I'm just not into blogging at the moment. Maybe one day when I feel like blogging again, I'll start anew with something original."
"I see." he smiled.
"Besides, there will be no more hackers harming this blog, because it's gone for good."

Leeteuk and Kangin returned from the counter. We were still in the waiting room, hoping we were allowed to see Kyu this time. We hadn't see him since the accident last night.
"The doctor said he hasn't awakened yet, but we can go and see him in his room." Leeteuk said.
"Okay," I stood up, "gaja (let's go)."
I was the one that led the way to Kyu's ward because I remembered passing by this morning. As we quietly entered in, the patient was still lying on the bed. He wasn't moving a muscle.
"He's still in a coma?" Kangin asked
"I think so." Leeteuk agreed.
"When is he gonna wake up?" I sighed, standing next to his bed.
"I have no idea, Elphena. We just have to wait."
"He'll...open his eyes...soon, right?" I wrestled myself not to cry.
"I'm sure he will.." Ryeowook said and he rubbed my shoulder to calm me down.

We waited in silence for five minutes, but Kyu still hasn't opened his eyes.
"Do you guys maybe wanna go and grab a snack?" Kangin suggested.
"Sure." Ryeowook nodded.
"Okay." Leeteuk joined in.
"You guys go ahead. I'll let you know when he wakes up." I said.

As they left, I knelt down and reached out to his hand. It felt cold and lifeless like I couldn't feel the pulse of his heart on the veins of his wrist.
"Kyu Oppa...please open your eyes. BogoshipoNaneun...nomu nomu nomu bogoshipo...(I miss you. I really really really miss you)"
My eyes went chalky once again. I had enough of crying but my heart ached so bad that I had to let my pain go in these droplets.
I buried my head on the mattress as I shed tears on the pale blue bed sheet. Suddenly, I felt cold bony fingers stroking my hair. I froze and looked up to see him staring back with half-opened eyes.
"Oppa?" I breathed.
"It's been a while, Elph." he replied.
I clutched his hand with both of my palms as I cried harder. But this time, I was crying with relief and thankfulness.This surge of miracle has saved me from hopeless thoughts. 
"Aigoo, my baby's crying again." he giggled weakly, "Come here."
I crawled onto the bed and lied on my side with my head resting on his right arm.
"How have you been?" he asked as he wiped my wet face.
"Terrible." I replied with a small laugh.
"Everything okay?"
I looked into his eyes. All I wanted was to drown into his warmness.
"I'll explain everything, but not now." I answered.
"Okay." his voice lowered.
"Oppa..."
"Yes?"
"I've been wanting to tell you that...I love you. I love you so much."
"I love you too, Elph."
He reached his hand to the back of my neck and leaned closer. My eyes were immediately closed as our lips attracted. He then pulled me close to his body and wrapped me like a cocoon. I felt safe like before, with my head nesting on his chest and my hands on his back. Thank God he's back to life.

                                                                          *                                   *                                   *
To my happiness, the scandal was no longer the bold headlines. Instead, the social media was flooded with articles and news clips of Miko and Kinora. They were sentenced to jail for an unknown period of time. Who knows when will they be released?

I put down my phone and finished packing the rest of my stuff into my suitcase.
Toiletries...contact lens...jeans that I last washed...huh? What's this?
A yellow sticky note attached on the folded jeans caught my eye. I gently peeled it off and read, "Slide this note under your door when you're done packing. And then count to ten. :)"
There was not even a name or signature written on it. Still, I checked my things and zipped the suitcase. As I sat on the bed for one last time, I felt my heart weighing down like lead. I had reflected back my week in the Super Junior dorm before, but I replayed the moments one more time. I decided not to cry this time because I had cried so much recently. There was just so much going on; however, I was blessed to have Super Junior who got my back this whole time, especially Kyu. According to the doctor after Kyu woke up from his coma, Kyu had to stay back for two more nights because they had to give him more checkups just to make sure that the blood given to his body flowed well. So I planned to ask Prince Manager to drive me to the hospital to see him before I go back to Liz's apartment. Oh! Speaking of Liz, Leeteuk and the others had given her home a new makeover. ^^ After the blood donation,SuJu helped to move the new furniture in and even fixed the door. Liz and her parents couldn't thank them enough. 
Okay, that's enough of thinking, girl. You wouldn't want the boys to wait.
I knelt down on one knee and slipped the note through the bottom slit of the door. Then, I stood up and counted to ten.
"Okay! I've counted to ten! Now what?" I shouted.
No one answered. I peeked through the slit and saw that the note was missing.
"Mwo ya," I mumbled, "Maybe I should go out there?"
I slowly opened the door and walked out. The dorm was quiet. Too quiet you could hear the ticking of the clock in the living room. And the area was quite dark with only the oven timer flashed in a green "0".
"Hello? Helloooooo?" I called out, "Anybody home?"

As I spoke too soon, the lights were automatically switched on. What the heck?
"SURPRISEEEEEEE!" Super Junior, Liz, Liz's parents, Kyuhyun's parents, and Prince Manager jumped out from all corners and screamed.
My whole body was just frozen at that spot. I immediately covered my hanging jaw with my mouth.
Liz took her smartphone and snapped a picture of my face, "I'm so gonna post your reaction on Instagram." she giggled.
"What is all this?" I exclaimed.
"It's your farewell party." a velvety voice appeared from the front door.
My heart skipped a beat. Could that be...no...way!
The man with the reddish brown hair I loved to ruffle, the dark brown eyes that always hypnotized me and the smile that brightened my life especially right at this moment, approached in front of me. I stared at him for what seemed like forever.
"Annyeong, my beloved Elph." he waved.
"Kyu...Kyu Oppa!" my lips curled.
He spread his arms wide as I ran to crush my whole body onto his. My face smacked onto his chest that my nose felt like it was about to break but I didn't care.
"Whoa...since when my girl starts to gain weight?" he smirked.
"Tsk...Oppa!" I laughed as I hit his back lightly.

Everyone crowded around me and said, "AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!"
My face automatically turned bright red.
"Guys, can't you give us some space?" Kyuhyun laughed. I could tell that he was blushing too.
"But you two look sooooo cute together!" his mother squealed.
"Yeah, your mother is right." his father nodded.
"Mom! Dad! Stop it!" Kyuhyun whined.
The living room, kitchen, and dining room was filled with laughter. I looked into my Oppa's eyes and laughed too.

I was indeed flattered that they threw a surprise party for my last day staying at the dorm. Ryeowook and the others had prepared a big feast that the entire place smelt of an overflowing pot of happiness. We all sat at this long table set up by the boys and we had lots of laughter while eating their freshly-cooked dishes.
Leeteuk suddenly stood up and held his cup of rice wine, "Everyone, shall we give a toast to Elphena who has been such a wonderful sister to the SuJu household this whole week?"
"Yeah!" they all cheered.
"Oh really," I laughed, "You shouldn't have."
"Did you just call her sister?" Liz asked in surprise.
"Of course! Why wouldn't we call her that?" Leeteuk replied, "She may be a temporary member, but she'll always be a part of our family."
I smiled and stood up as well, "And I'll never forget my second family @ Super Junior."
Everyone finally got their butts off the floor and raised their glasses high.
Leeteuk began, "We're Super Juni-OH!
We repeated the quote and clinked everyone's glasses. It sounded better than bells. Even merrier than the sound of tinkling.

"Hey, Elph," Kyu tapped me on the shoulder, "Do you wanna go and get some air?"
I nodded and followed him to the balcony.
It was the two of us once more. The chatters from the party was blocked by the glass sliding doors.
"So why didn't you tell me that you got discharged from the hospital tonight? I thought you are to be released tomorrow." I said as I leaned my head on his shoulder.
"If I do that, I'll ruin the surprise." Kyu winked, "Besides the doctor said that my body recovers quicker than expected. He says that I'm a fighter."
"That's my Oppa." I smiled.

We watched the city lights that accompanied the starry night sky. It was a beautiful alive portrait.

"You should have told me you've found the hackers." I suddenly blurted out.
"I was gonna tell you," he replied, "until the accident happened."
"Oh...but still you did it before you go to work right?"
"I was five minutes late so I had to rush to the MBC building."
"I see,,,"
Kyuhyun noticed the slight frown on my face and sneakily pecked my right cheek. I smiled back at him and wrapped my arms around his waist.
"So...what happens now?" Kyu asked.
"Huh?"
"You're going back to Liz's apartment right?"
"Yeah."
"I'm gonna miss you living here. The others will miss you too."
"I'll come visit, I'm sure I will."
"But the dorm will not be the same without you."
"I know...but...I can't possibly live here forever. I mean, I still have to accompany Liz."
"Yeah, that's true..."

We stopped talking. I tried to think of something to cut the gap when suddenly Kyu reached out to stroke my hair, "Hey...uh...I've listened to the encore of the radio program and I think that is by far the best speech I've ever heard in my life."
"Really?" I relaxed my head on his chest.
"Yeah. And so...I have something to say to you."
"Okay. What is it that you wanna tell me?"
He rested his chin on top of my head and rocked me gently, "At first, I thought I could meet a person by fate, that the person I first had my eyes on was destined to be mine forever. But then, I blame myself for believing in such garbage...until you came along. Ever since I met you, I never know that my heart will go wild. And as I get even closer to you, I realize that my heart chooses you to be mine."
"Mm hmm." I nodded.
I heard a sniffle. He inhaled before saying more, "Honestly, I don't care if the fans hate the fact that we're together. I just want the world to know that I'm happy because of you. I'm the happiest man on earth because I got lucky for having you in my life."
His voice trailed off and he sniffled a few times. It was my turn to be his handkerchief this time. Like what he did to me before, I brushed my fingers on the lower lash line on both of his eyes.
"Oppa, don't cry." I whispered, "If you cry, I'll cry too."
Kyu nodded and hugged me tighter. We couldn't even let go of each other. It was my last night in the dorm, but it felt like our last night together even though we could still see each other since we're living in the same city.
"You know this is not goodbye right?" I asked.
"But it feels like one." he pouted.
"Hey, come on, don't give me that aegyo look." I giggled.
"I just want to make you happy."
"Oppa, I am happy. Really! I am! Because I have everyone here," I pointed at the party through the doors, "and I have you too."
"You took the words right out my mouth." he smiled back.

Our faces leaned at the same time as we shared a kiss. There wasn't any fireworks this time but, I could still see sparks exploding the air. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment