Sunday 8 June 2014

Poem inspired by my trip to Whistler, BC "360 Degrees View from Gondola"

I might change the title of the poem, I think it needs a little more exciting title...Anyway I just came back from a one night stay at Whistler, BC and it was awesome! Now this is what I call a vacation. Five-star hotel, great atmosphere of Whistler village, great food especially the crepes, spectacular view of the mountains from the Peak 2 Peak gondolas...speaking of gondolas, I've promised myself to write a new brief poem on my handmade notebook, and I'm glad I did.

360 Degrees View from Gondola
The blazing sun may arrive
but the mountain horn is still surrounded by mists of cold.
We are carried in this crystal bauble
that shields us from the sudden drop.
The cirque of a peak is frosted with cream,
but the earth below tests the height phobia of a mortal.

This floating mobile delivers us 
between the neighbouring mountlings. 
Peter Pan's soul sparks in me,
I've never felt like a soaring dreamer
while indulging in the
magnificent motion postcard. 



Glass bottom of the gondola, cool huh?


I'm glad that I go for this trip, and I wish I can stay in that Westin hotel for one more night! Oh! And I'm gonna save this photo for last just to make you savour for one. =P 



No comments:

Post a Comment