Tuesday 22 January 2013

birthday letter to Ivy

Happy birthday, Ivy! I wish I can go back to celebrate this special day but I'm stuck in school. Anyway, I hope you're doing okay. I know that you're frustrated in taking another year of foundation. You're doing this for your future. I wish you all the best in your studies and pray that you will get the result you aim at the end of the year. I also get frustrated when I fail Biology last semester, and I'm afraid that I have to retake that crappy course. But hey, there's always another chance for us to achieve our goals. =)

Surprisingly, I take your advice in listening to the lectures in History class. And you're right. It's actually interesting, especially the Meiji Revolution. The Mexican Revolution which is taught this afternoon is very complicated, but at least I understand what the lesson is about. Every day I come back from school with a tired and sulking expression, but when I think about you, I remind myself to stay positive. You're still, as always, my biggest inspiration. I hope I can go back to k.k. to see you again, but I'm don't know when is the time. I've predicted the number of courses left that need to be taken in these two years, and I'm afraid I have to stay back next summer for school in order to gain all 60 credits and transfer to UBC. It's the only way. I couldn't possibly take 5 courses at once and I plan to apply for driving school this summer (which means I have to take 3 courses instead next semester, and then 4 courses in each term of my second year). I'm sorry, I know you want to see me so bad. I feel the same way, but what can I do? I'm so far away I can't even reach you. I realize that the longer we're separated, the less times to keep in touch happens. I've been hanging with my new friend Louise recently, and she reminds me of you! She's so vibrant, full of energy, and likes to talk (yet she has boyfriend). I don't know whether I'm dreaming or not, but I see a few strangers' faces that look like yours, and I fear that I've been hallucinating or something. Haha. But anyway, yeah, I have to stay strong no matter what.

Time flies, and now we've been friends for 6 years (I'm sure of it). And yes, you're turning 20. I have a friend in church who turned 20 last year, and believe me, she's not happy about it. XD But she's certain that turning 20 will give her higher confidence to face anything and being a more mature follower to be with the Lord. And so, I would like to say this to you, don't forget that God is always there for you. Receive his presence every day, and he will enlighten your days. I would like to end this letter now, but it's not the end for me to have you by my side. =) Once again, happy birthday to you, the greatest friend in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment