Sunday 26 January 2014

Can't Get Enough of Frozen? (Disney's Frozen 2nd film review)

My first film review has reached to the top of the all-time most pageviews on my blog(a total of 67 pageviews)! You guys are awesome, thanks so much for reading and sharing it! Now as I promised, I'm writing a second film review and it starts now! =)

Am I the only one here who is disappointed that Let It Go is not chosen to win the Golden Globe Awards for best original song? But there's still hope because it is nominated for the Academy Awards, so fingers crossed, hopefully they'll win this time. I'll probably add updated nominations/awards here someday.


Now I would like to share some more scenes I enjoy from Frozen. There are probably some people who think that the productions should remove the trolls shipping Anna and Kristoff scene. But to me, this particular scene is important. Why?  Because I'm glad that the scriptwriters make the trolls appear twice in the film, unlike the Wandering Oaken's Trading Post guy who once appear once in the film (but he did show the viewers special characteristics- jovial and always into bargaining). First of all, the trolls are the love psychics /shippers who confirms that Kristoff and Anna are perfect for each other. Even though Anna is engaged to Hans, the prince of the Southern Islands, Kristoff deeply cares for Anna. I just love when the trolls list out Kristoff's "flaws" and strengths, like those little body movements he makes and the "thing with the reindeer that's a little outside of  nature's law". Oh! And I love the line "his isolation is confirmation for his desperation for human hugs". That's sweet, don't you think? Especially when they're talking about Anna to show him love, as in romantic love :3. Come on! You can't resist dropping this song out of your playlist! Imagine a love matchmaker comes to you and tells you that someone in front or next to you will be perfect for you as a soul mate. Who knows, he or she is right? And it's scary, but magical.
You can check out the movie scene below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Dt-7RO8k7A

And I know that we hate the prince of the Southern Islands after we see the way he treated Anna later in the film. But I guess the love song he and Anna sang (before he revealed his true colours) makes me imagine myself with a dream guy. "Love Is An Open Door" is a cute and catchy song, and I'm sure single viewers would like to sing a song like this once they met someone who they find in common with..and then they fall in love blah blah blah. But anyway, this is a great dreaming-about-romance song. Don't give up, single ladies! You'll find your man someday! Just keep dreaming and be yourself! Anna here was just being lucky.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1jAa03XqWU
One little scene that I absolutely proud of Disney to achieve is when Anna and Elsa talked after so many years of being separated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGAwaXE_ZwY
If you don't notice, the conversation between both sisters is realistic like a normal sibling relationship. You can imagine how long they've waited for a laughing unison to happen!
Elsa: "Hi!"
Anna: "H...hi me? oh! Um..hi?"
"You look beautiful!"
Thank you! You look beautiful-er! I mean not fuller..um fuller..but more beautiful."
Thank you! So..this is what a party looks like."
"It's warmer than I thought."
"What's that amazing smell?
Both sniffed and said:"Chocolate!"
Thumbs up if you like this scene and relate this to your sibling relationship! =D

Another favourite scene of mine is when Olaf presents his best line ever "some people are worth melting for." I mean, seriously, who would ever say such a sweet, wise, and true sentence? Snowmen are lifeless and they don't feel any pain or burn with it comes to melting. But as for Olaf, he accepts the melting and he believes that he is alive for a certain period of time in life. Back in the scene when he saves Anna from freezing by lighting up the fireplace, he just stays by the fire and convinces Anna on what she should do in order to thaw her frozen heart. Such a loyal sidekick! I guess he is one of the best Disney sidekicks in history!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXP8tSLLQGk

Okay! One last scene before I end this review! I've shared what I like about the most intensive, saddest scene, that is when Anna freezes into a statue and saves her sister Elsa from being killed by Hans (check out my first review if you haven't!). Anyone here besides me just love the Vuelie background song? It is played when Elsa successfully thawed Arendelle. You will never escape away from the melodious choir voices (reminds me of Brother Bear). Seriously, the harmony is just beautiful!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXC80ZUzPsA

And finally...one last dose of  Kristanna (Kristoff and Anna)!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MBj-aFpGDc
:3

I bet all Frozen fans don't get enough of Disney's successful Norway-inspired film, so they've released some genius, amazing little treats for us. One of them is the multi-language version of Let It Go. I mean seriously, I never knew that Disney has arranged dedicated singers all over the world to play Elsa, and they compiled as much versions as possible into this clip. What's your favourite? So far my favourites besides English are Italian, German, French, Spanish, Danish, Taiwanese (it's not in the video but you can check it out on Youtube), and of course, Japanese. Leave what are your favourite multi-language versions in the comments below. =) Go check it out here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC83NA5tAGE
They didn't add the Vietnamese, Hebrew, and Taiwanese version. Oh! And also the Icelandic version, which is new to me, but Iv'e checked it out and it sounds not bad. Those who check out the movie scene of other versions, you'll be amazed at the lyrics they've translated because they're as strong as Idina Menzel's original version and who knows, you'll have a passion in learning new languages.

I'm addicted with the Japanese versions. They're just full of emotions! Check it out below!
Pop version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG0HpmLX0VA
Movie version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ1poicuB2s

And also, check this cover of Let It Go out! It's an African version in a Norway setting!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAJYk1jOhzk
And also, I just love when a film becomes something real to the world, like a Frozen-inspired suite in the ice resort Hotel De Glace.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/17/frozen-suite-hotel-de-glace_n_4618184.html?utm_hp_ref=travel
The hotel is in Quebec, Canada. And we know that it is colder than British Columbia. The room looks like Anna's and Elsa's room back when they were little in the beginning of the film. The two beds with all the carvings and the bed covers, as well as the triangular window which is attached to one of the walls. However, what I'm concerned about it is how guests can ever sleep on an ice bed? I don't know whether they can sleep for one night on a mattress that covers a large block of ice on the snow. But still, it's amazing.

The film is loved by all kinds of ages that it is confirmed that it will be made into a live musical! You know like The Lion King Broadway show. I bet it's going to be awesome too.
http://io9.com/disney-is-prepping-a-frozen-live-action-musical-1500343151

And get ready for more of icy fractals and warm Olaf hugs because the team will be doing a sequel of Frozen! That's a good idea; I just hope that they won't mess up because sequels usually pull the popularity down like a boulder rolling down a hill. But yes, there are some good sequels like Monsters University and Mulan 2. I would to see more of Kristoff because so far we know that he's born to work with a group of ice men. What happen to his real parents? Does he have any relatives around Arendelle?  To be succinct, I would like to know more about Kiristoff's family background in the sequel. Oh! And also more of Elsa, because seriously she is the badass queen among the Disney princesses and I think she needs more attention in the sequel.
http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/2014/01/disneys-frozen-get-possible-sequel

Once again, thanks so much for those who read and share my first Frozen film review. You can continue my support by reading and sharing this new film review. Thanks so much and never stop believing in Disney magic! Until then, see you in my next post! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment