Monday 2 September 2013

Last Day of Summer, Under The Evening Ribbons

                                        Under The Evening Ribbons 
                              The mighty blazing sphere gazed down
                              with a smile that glistened with golden teeth.
                              Their amber glow spread out
                              that radiated rays of summer luminescence.

                               A ribbon of its light overlapped the top of a hill.
                               I arrived at the park,
                               eyeing at the clear view.
                               Vanilla cotton scattered in the azure heaven,
                               greeting me with a whispering "hello".
                               I slowly breathed in the ripe swirls of oxygen,
                               drinking in the lush green pine trees
                               that surrounded the sides of the park.

                               Thanking God for his grace to the weather,
                               I lay my tote bag flat on the grass
                               under one of the tall shady plants
                               and sat on it like a picnic mat.
                               Ah! Nothing got better
                               than taking a breather
                               on such a beautiful evening.
                               From a corner of my eye,
                               a tiny brown spider swayed steadily in midair.
                               A nerve signal in my brain urged me to move away
                               but I glanced away from my book
                               and stared at the insect without a reminder of my entomophobia.
                             
                               The little spider clung on an invisible thread.
                               It set up a defensive bubble around itself,
                               overcoming a gust of wind
                               that was blown from the Nature Goddess.
                               It swung slightly to the east
                               and then slightly to the west
                               It climbed a few steps higher in the air,
                              maintaining its balance like an acrobat on a tightrope.
                              This young-looking fellow
                               delivered a message to me:
                               never give up on life
                               even when the wind blew that carried your body away.

                               15 minutes had passed
                               swift as an hourglass in a game of Boogle.
                               All I wore on my face
                               was a smile of satisfaction and glee.
                               There went my last day of summer
                               and I yearn to do it again
                               as I packed up and strolled down the hill.

Voila! Finally I've written a new poem! Thanks to the short walk to the park which is up the hill. You should try to take a breather after a long day of staying at home, sticking to your laptop. It really helps! You can breathe in the fresh air and sink in nature. You can even get a simple inspiration like this to write something! I've finished reading until chapter 6 of my new favourite book "Chicken Soup For The Soul: Inspiration For Writers" and I have learnt a lot from it. I guess all the stories in it caused me to write this poem as well, and not just looking at the green. =)
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment