Saturday 7 September 2013

Bible Reading As A Part Of Our Life



I didn't realize that I had read the entire book of John during the three weeks of summer break. As a reward, I received this gift from the serving ones (thanks Sister Jenny and Brother Tony =) ). I guess the reason why we had this bible reading challenge is because we are encouraged to "consume" the word of God every day. And yeah, I post one verse or more than that on Facebook as my status every time after I read a passage in the Bible.  And now the bible reading challenge is extended to six weeks, I'm emboldened a little more to read the Bible every day after school (as well as on weekends). Even though we have school, we are encouraged to read either one verse, the entire assigned passage, or (even better) read with our two/three selected companions and serving ones. Reading the Bible is not only to allow me to let God into my spirit and spread throughout my soul and body, but it also reminds me to do it as a habit.

So here's what I would like to advise to other Christians. Read the Bible! Some of you might think that it's a waste of time or the Bible is too ancient or difficult to understand. You don't have to understand solidly! You just have to take in God's word like food and enjoy God's grace. And if you read at least a few verses or a chapter every day, you'll be surprise to see that you will have a smile on your face and your life will change forever.

Well, we'll see how it goes. Btw, I'm saving the jellybeans for tomorrow. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment