Sunday 12 August 2012

Summer School of Truth goes Japan!

Yesterday I came back home from my first and last Summer School Of Truth, the pre-training for the Lord's recovery. Never knew that I could be this close to the Lord. I mean, I've learnt to prophesy, and I was in front of the saints to prophesy a message three times! In my small group meetings, I shared what I enjoy in most of the messages.

Megan and I were dropped at Trinity Western University in Langley, BC. It felt great to see the saints from Vancouver, Coquitlam, and Burnaby once again. That whole week, everything is all in the same schedule: morning revival, breakfast, lesson, small group meeting, lunch, activity time, quiet time (shower and naps), lesson, small group meeting, dinner, gym for singing, lesson, small group meeting, prayer time, sleep. But then on Friday afternoon, we had a rehearsal for an exhibition meeting. The exhibition meeting is a last, special meeting when all the young people sing hymns to the parents/audience out there, share a portion (like about 2 sentences) of what we enjoy in the messages we've learnt throughout the camp, recite 5 bible verses to the audience, and encouraging the parents to register their kids for Summer School of Truth next year.

Oh! You might wonder what the title for this post is called Summer School of Truth goes Japan. That's because 37 saints (I think) from Japan joined us in this year's Summer School of Truth! Japan, yay! I would definitely find an opportunity to go to Japan! We get to learn a few Japanese words/ phrases, including O Lord Jesus and Praise the Lord for the Body of Christ from the sweet, KAWAII (Cute) Japanese saints. Yes, I learn a few Japanese words from watching "Smile Precure" and any other Japanese anime, but I wouldn't want to speak to them in Japanese because I was afraid of getting messed up. We faced language barriers too. Only a few Japanese saints were able to speak English. So translation from the serving ones are needed. I wished I can just speak out "Komenasai" (Sorry), "Sumimasen" (Excuse me), "Ohaiyo" (Good morning), "Konichiwa" (Good afternoon), "Oyasumi" (Good night), "Hoishi" (delicious), "Sugoi" (amazing), and of course "Kawaii" (cute). =P

Ahem...where was I? Oh yeah! I had a lot of fun being with my group, including with two Japanese saints. Those two loved the Lord and were willing to prophesy in English! Even though we were from different cultures, we were in the same Body! We belonged to the Lord! At the end of the camp, we handed the two Japanese sisters cards and tidbits as souvenirs. In return, we received candies in those adorable Hello Kitty plastic bags from them! KAWAII, again. XD

I must say, Summer School of Truth turned out to be a good experience. I get to stick more with Claire and Sophie, as well as blending with the rest of the young people and the serving ones. This idea just came to me in the middle of the camp. I wrote a poem about the Summer School of Truth. And I received positive comments from my group partners!

Summer School of Truth
Arrived at the destination,
I dragged my suitcase and sleeping bag down the row of dormitories,
A drop of anxiety trickled into the puddle of my heart,
Fidgeting on whether this church camp was worth it.

A bunch of young people,
With friendly smiles and seeking hearts,
They released enthusiastic meteors all around the hall,
Willing to unroll the scrolls of truth,
And to escalate the level of our spirit. 

Hymns were sang with exercised spirits and joyous voices,
Prayers were uttered together to contact with the Father above,
Lessons and testimonies were revealed to guide us to God's kingdom,
Prophecies were shared for the life of the Triune God to flow,
Experiences were illustrated for us to learn in the future.

I was indulged in the love of Jesus,
I was summoned by the miraculous works of Christ,
I was cocooned by the warmth of the saints,
I was emboldened to speak for the Lord,
I even was composed with the verses of God' words and painted with the colours of God's abiding.

Dear,
Summer School of Truth,
A message which I would like to leave behind your doorstep,
You are the crossroad to the further treasures of God's kingdom,
You are the candle that illuminated the flame of God's eternal power,
And most of all,
You have made us young people more whitewashed, 
For the preparation of God's return! 

So what do you think? =)

Ki di  sdok no ka ra da o san bi shi ma si!
Praise the Lord for the Body of Christ!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment