Thursday 25 June 2015

Michele's DIY Arts Realm: Maple Leaf File

Hey all! How's it going? I'm stuck with the last step for this new DIY because I've been searching all over the possible shops around Coquitlam for this thing called plastic book wrap but none of the shops have it. The only shop that has it is Dollarama but the "self-adhesive vinyl protector" is really sticky and I don't want to ruin the surface of my DIY file. My two dollars have gone to a waste. But anyway, without further due, here's the tutorial on how to make a DIY file out of a shoe box and maple leaves! I know that fall is still months away but I'm excited to share this new DIY here on my blog.

The things you need are:
- Shoe box or any other box that fits the size of your A4 / line papers
- Pressed maple leaves
- A4/ line papers
-Glue
- Scissors
-A couple of long ribbons
- Old magazines or wrapping paper
-Plastic book wrap

First, measure your box with a size that fits with your papers. Then, cut your box into two big rectangles with a small rectangular cutout to connect the front and back covers of your file.

Next, wrap your three box cutouts with cutouts from magazines of wrapping paper (both inside and outside).
I wrap the connector of my file last, it's best for me to staple the parts together first.


Let the glued file dry for a few hours before you go on with the next step which is to mark the holes of your paper on the back cover of your file. Then drill the holes with your scissors. Make sure the holes are big enough for your ribbons to fit in.

Slit both ends of one ribbon through the first and second hole of your file. Do the same to your other ribbon through the second and third hole. Slip your ribbons through the holes of your papers. when your file is full, tie your ribbons to finish up.


Now that the inside of your file is complete, you can continue on with the decoration process. Glue as many maple leaves as your like on the front and back covers of your file.


For the back cover, it's best if you avoid covering the leaves over your ribbons because you might adjust the ribbons when you want to refill or remove the papers in your file.

Finally, wrap your file with the plastic book wrap.







I hope you enjoy reading this new DIY tutorial and I've also just posted another blog post yesterday about my typical Canadian Wednesday. Check it out here: http://thetruemichelehii.blogspot.ca/2015/06/a-typical-canadian-wednesday.html

Take care and I'll see you in the next post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment