Saturday 19 October 2013

Fog poems: Silver Curtains vs. Topaz Through The Thick

Hey, guys! So...I've written two poems about the foggy weather in Coquitlam, BC this month and I'm wondering which of these two poems is better/ worth reading as a perfect fog poem. Topaz Through the Thick is written during the sunrise while Silver Curtains is more of a dark poem and it's written in the evening. So what do you think? Take note that they're just drafts. Choice A (Silver Curtains) or Choice B (Topaz Through The Thick)? 

A. Silver Curtains 
Swirls of white ribbons roll by,
blown by the pipe of a nature ancestor.
Its curtains caress through me.
The chilly breath hit against my skin.

Up the hill, under the grey sulking cotton,
I watch in this deserted park
as the clumps of fog frolic by
like animals spirits.

Thicker blinds overshadow the pine trees, surrounding the circle.
Oh, poor greens!
Their stomata eyes blink, gasping for ripe oxygen.
Drowning in the Lost World.

The overlapping waves of mist slowly fade
as minutes tick by.
They creep and shawl around me,
slightly mending the cracks in my glass heart.

Even though I can't feel my bones,
I still sit under a red-dyed tree,
watching and longing
to stay for a little longer.

B. Topaz Through The Thick
Skin burns around my face.
Finger bones seem to freeze and crack.
Temperature drops at dawn,
forces me to wonder when will God
summon the morning sphere. 

Hours crawl by.
Sunlight spreads over the earth.
An overlapping wave of gold
filters through unquenchable swirls of mist.
Its natural illumination dominates over all living beings,
signalling a new day.

Alas,
disappointment stings in my heart.
The rolling clusters of fluffy silver
vanish in transparent sight.
How I wish I can stand at a better spot
under the chilly climate
and gaze admiringly at the view.

Oh, dear fog,
please don't go 
just for this once!






No comments:

Post a Comment