Saturday 5 October 2013

Mimosa (New poem)

You'll probably find me weird but Mimosa Pudica is my favourite wild plant. I enjoy touching this special grass ever since I was seven and I never get tired of touching its sensitive leaves while watching it folding. Pretty much, the mimosa plant connects to my personality, that is being a shy introvert. To those who know that I write a novella series called The Magic Mimosa Plant, the inspiration I get is basically from a mimosa and I turn it into a magical object.I can't find a mimosa plant around Canada, and that's sad..so I write this poem to remind myself that I'll look for one when I go back to Malaysia. Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy reading this short poem. =) 

Where are you, my touch-me-not?
Your emerald leaves are indeed one-of-a-kind.
A palm of leaflets never fail to amuse me
with your bashful demeanor.

Where are you, my sensitive darling?
I can't wait to lay one finger on you.
Your long, thin ovals shut before my eyes
like a toddler that hides behind her mother's skirts.
You're hiding a secret, I can tell.
Cracks are approaching around your barrier
and through my sixth sense,
you're longing to break through.

Where are you, my humble favourite?
You're so timid that I find you beautiful.
You're like a servant to a master,
so loyal and true.
You're not the only one who fears.
I'm looking for you
so that I can accompany you.

Where are you, my enchanted inspiration?
You're stunning when untouched and free
but shivering when encountered and trapped.
A wallflower that connects to my insecurity.
Yet you revealed a magic swirl around me,
giving me hope to create new ideas.
Please approach to me
wherever you are now.
I haven't seen you for a long while
and I miss hearing your lonely whisper.


No comments:

Post a Comment