Friday 14 June 2013

That Car Incident..(start of my memoir)

I don't know whether this is true or not, but my sister Megan and I had this vision of the time when we were little kids. Like toddler age. It was like in the afternoon and Megan, Manuel and I were in my mother's car (can't remember which one is it..the old white one or the red Toyata?). My mother was probably in the house. I was behind the wheel, Manuel was sitting next to me, and Megan was at the bottom of the driver's seat, ready to press the accelerator and the brake. I don't know why, but the key was in the ignition, and soon, we found ourselves rolling out of the porch of the house and down the hill..all by ourselves...in that car. And then I remember Mom came dashing off the door, chasing after us before we got killed.

I know this sounds crazy, but Megan and I has this same flashback. I don't know whether Manuel remember this till now. Megan told this story to Mom like a few times, but Mom didn't believe her. To be honest, I don't know whether this is entirely true. But the fact that Megan and I has this same picture of driving Mom's car all by ourselves...makes me think that maybe this isn't a dream. I'm pretty sure that I saw Mom chasing after us through the rear view mirror (or was it I turned my back?). Haha...anyway, I bet this story will be history in our childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment