Monday 10 June 2013

Apply God Into You

So as you know, I went for the Freshmen Barbeque event in Richmond church yesterday and it was awesome! That definitely refreshed me after stressing out for this mock trial tomorrow (Tuesday) and midterm this Thursday. 

Anyway, I get to meet some college saints I haven't met for a long time, including the Vancouver saints. First, we played team building games like "four-living creatures" and "scavenger hunt" and "charades". Then, we had an early dinner of burgers with BBQ'ed chicken and patties, broccoli lasagna, salad, chips, fruits, and egg tarts. Speaking of food, I was right when I gained a few more kilograms after eating a full plate plus the desserts... but hey, I should be blessed for having such good food prepared under God's grace. And finally, we sang hymns and listened to testimonies prepared by a few college students concerning the high school seniors who will be enrolling for college. They were pretty good. The serving brother Peter Wang also shared about having a source (supply), some companions, and a new one to look after. This is encouraged to all college students. 


I know I should have said something but here's what I would like to say to the high school seniors who will be going for college/university. Yes, college life is scary, but you just have to put your trust to the Lord and he will be your supply throughout the day. I used to have prayer meeting with two other sisters in Douglas College New West campus, but now I don't have companions in college and I have no idea where the two are now. But when I read the Holy Word for Morning Revival book every morning, I realize that I'm not alone, for God is always there right by my side. And every week, I'm concerned about my Creative Writing's Personal Narrative assignments that I fear about my peers' feedback. I always hope for perfection for my stories...I just have to turn back to the Lord and ask for his help in making my stories to be good enough and worth read. So don't forget to apply Lord Jesus to your studies, for he is your lifelong study buddy 

No comments:

Post a Comment