Tuesday 26 February 2013

Still stuck in the middle

Yup, the photo you see is another poem published at the back on Hornbill magazine. The magazine's theme last year is about memory and Pn. Chu (my English teacher back then) asked me to write a poem about my memories back in Lok Yuk. Now, I nearly forgot about it, until this morning I saw a notification on facebook that caught me awake at 6:30 am. It's a snapshot of the back of the magazine with my poem on it. This time, I notice the slight errors throughout this poem. Why do I think of this? Oh, that's it. It's because I've learnt to write proper poems. Ever since I'm in Douglas College, I struggle hard to write something that impress my instructor and my peers. And now that I have more knowledge on writing good poems, I've realized that I've reached the "western" level of writing. Now in playwriting class, I found myself struggling with character development, but someday I'll achieve that. 

Wow, college do give people to a challenge that no one can offer, and they can change a person's perspectives. I've published to my school and the Borneo Post (entire k.k), but what about the entire Malaysia? And then Canada, then the entire world. I'm still at the middle of the stairs. Hopefully I'll get to the next step. I've nearly forgotten what my aim of becoming a writer is, until this comes in. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment