Tuesday 10 July 2012

Missing Piece

The florets of a dandelion floats away,
Carried by the wind,
As I watch the flowery snow revealed,
I find myself in the place I once call home,
After being divorced temporarily from my old life back here,
I realized that I've changed,
Forgetting something incredibly, yet bitterly sweet, important feeling.

As I indulge myself into the intense scorching heat,
The humid environment,
I forget how in the world I am able to survive in such a temperature,
As I see the faces of the people I once care and love,
A lightning of nostalgic pain strikes in my heart,
Telling myself not to cry,
As I recall the memories I had back then,
I never know how time flies quickly,
Like an hourglass.

The new place I currently enjoy living in,
Is like a whole new dimension to me,
But here back home,
A vanishing fragment appears in my stoned, cold heart,
Like as if I'm rebelling against God,
Or as if I'm fighting against my will,
I never know how painful it was,
To see that I've left everything here for a new beginning of life.

Now,
The bonds are mended,
Giving little gifts of gratitude to my loyal friends and teachers,
Warms my heart,
Drop by drop,
This vacation of mine is not over yet,
There's still a whole lot more memories to be recovered,
A whole lot more people to encounter once again,
And looking back how I really was in the past.

This missing piece inside me,
Is still burning and churning in my chest,
Like as if  my heart is really aching,
The future,
Of course,
Awaits,
But now,
My goal is to heal my wounds of nostalgia,
Seeing those I miss very much,
And hold my true feelings till they flow away.


Within 10 to 15 minutes, I wrote this poem to spill out my pain of missing my beloved Malaysian friends. Seriously, my heart just went heavy. My heart really aches. Once I return here I realize that I forgot what I used to do here. And the teachers. How come I forget the great ways they teach English? I've spent time with Ivy yesterday and today. It was fun. Before I knew it, I was helping her out with some pharmacy work yesterday noon. And today, we went to our secondary school Lok Yuk to visit English teacher Pn.Chu Siew Mei and get my SPM certificate. I'm running out of gifts! I should have bought more! Anyway, I gave a Canada Maple Leaves key chain to Pn.Chu as a memory. Yeah, I definitely gained weight and I was called "chubby" and "cute". Seriously, this sickens me. And my Malay tongue just got tumbled up! XD

It was great to talk to some teachers back in the teachers' office though. And guess what? My poem "Memory" will be on the cover of 2012's Hornbill Magazine! =)

And then this afternoon, we had lunch at Sutera Harbour with Satya who came back from Australia. Plus, not to mention a glass of iced chocolate and a cup of warm mocha cappuccino at some sort of coffee shop. =.= Please don't tell me I won't get enough sleep again tonight! I woke up at 2am this morning!

Anyway, one more day left till my flight to Sibu, Sarawak. I would rather just skip to July 20/travel further in time to go back to k.k. XD  There's still more friends to see, and more things to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment