Wednesday 14 October 2015

One Ideal Fall Day (New Poem)

It's October 14 and I'm getting older. There's nothing much to do on this special day, just studying for midterm. However, Super Junior's Kyuhyun got me really happy and excited with his second mini album that was just released this morning.
It's called Fall, Once Again and the music video above was released at 8am (PST), two hours before Kyuhyun's live broadcast session on V app (which kinda pissed me off because I woke up at 6am without my alarm sounding off and the connection was really bad because of about 80 000 fans viewed the broadcast). His songs blew me away once more and I just love the fall essence added to the wonderful ballads in this album. Anyway, his "A Million Pieces" music video and his new album got me inspired to write this new poem. Birthdays are commonly for that person to receive, but to me, I want to share this new piece of writing with you guys. In Kyuhyun's broadcast, he said that the fall season got him depressed that he got inspired to write (and sing) ballads. I guess in his perspective, fall represents breakups or unstable relationships. But I want to write something that makes fall as a season when people get a chance to fall in love (especially at first sight). I mean, fall doesn't have to be dark and gloomy all the time, right?

One Ideal Fall Day
The fall air blows against my face.
The bed of coloured leaves crush agilely against my feet.
Funny that I try my best to avoid them
so that my feet won't tear their perfect edges. 

Through my peripheral vision
I spot a unique one,
infused with a light hue of yellow
among the cluster of red. 
As I reach out to it, 
a hand brushes against mine.
A pair of mesmerizing black eyes
stares right back at me.
A shy but gorgeous smile greets me.

I'm not sure whether I've seen you before
but your friendly face comforts me.
Yet a sudden tingling crawls inside of me
like as if my heart is melting. 

You hand the leaf to me,
saying, "Do you have a minute?"
Try not to show my quivering,
I nod and walk forward
with you following my pace.

This new feeling grows
as if you can even hear my vigorous heartbeat.
I don't know why I smile this whole time
when you are by my side.
We enjoy each other's company
and I pray that this day wouldn't end.

The dull clouds meet with the bitter wind
as darkness overcome Earth.
Realize that it is time for us to depart,
I force myself not to shed a tear.
You notice my frown
and vigilantly pull me close.
My body fits perfectly to yours.
Your warm embrace vanquishes the cold.
You whisper, "I'll see you again, don't worry,"
before signalling goodbye with one last touch of your hands
and one last gaze of your beautiful eyes. 

Dear fall,
keep your mystery high and proud
as I dream this day tonight
till I reunite with this person
once again. 

And no, this is not inspired by my personal experiences (because I've never been in a real relationship before). This is written especially for those who are seeking for someone to be with, especially myself. That person will be right in front of you, so don't give up on love even when the weather is harsh! Hope you enjoy reading this new poem and I'll see you in the next post! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment