Sunday 10 May 2015

Michele's DIY Realm (Glass Jar Platform)

Hey, all! If you haven't checked out my new DIY (Stars in a Jar), you can read my blog post right here: http://thetruemichelehii.blogspot.ca/2015/05/stars-in-jar-micheles-diy-realm.html


So I've come up with this idea of putting my three glass jars of decorations onto one flat surface, kind of like a cardboard platform. So the materials to make this DIY are a rectangular-shaped cardboard, old magazines or wrapping paper, duct tape, glue, some small papers to cut out patterns or figures, colouring tools such as colour pencils, scissors, and glass jars of goodies. But before you get started, you have to make sure that your glass jars fits onto your cardboard and leave space between the glass jars so that they won't clutter.
First, wrap your cardboard with old magazine paper or wrapping paper. Cut out the extra sides of the paper and seal them up with duct tape till you won't see any dull colour of the cardboard.

Take one of your jars and seal a piece of duct tape onto the bottom of the jar. Make sure you leave a sticky side of the tape out so that you can stick your jar onto your board. Arrange your jars according to your preference and line them up!
One of my favourite things to do in a DIY arts and crafts is making these cute pop-ups! All you have to do it trace some patterns on your pieces of white papers and cut them out. Then, colour them up. Do the same with your rectangular stands (rectangular strips). Glue a pattern onto one end of your pop-up stand. Fold your stand into three squares and let your fingers off the folds; your pattern will look like it jumped out of a jack-in-a-box. Glue your pop-ups onto your board.

And voila! You've made your own glass jar platform with pop-ups! You can actually do whatever you want with your platform. You just have to create what you want your platform to look like. I might make another Maple Leaf Platter someday this summer or fall but I don't think I'll make another DIY after this because starting tomorrow I might be busy with getting a real job, catching up with my driving, chasing after new ideas for new poetry and stories, and volunteering to teach English to transfer students from Japan! I'm really nervous but also excited! I don't know if I'm gonna come back with a new blog post but I promise I won't abandon this blog for too long! XD Anyway, I hope you'll have a great summer and I'll see you in the next post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment