Thursday 15 August 2013

It All Comes From Her Career

Should I write a personal narrative about my family? Or just a simple blog post? Oh, well, I'm getting started anyway.

It's fascinating to hear that the main personality of each of us comes from our mother. One dinner, she shared with us on how our main strength/ interest was created while we were in her womb.

She started her business at Popular Tuition Center when I was in her womb. She didn't had a good number of teachers that time, so she had to teach a few classes besides her three (or is it four) helpful teachers. She taught primary school students English (Singapore level) and I guess her teachings got soaked into my developing, tiny brain in all those weeks. Her early days of teaching English was the reason why I'm good in the language (not really actually, I always make grammar mistakes =P). As for Manuel, Mom faces her most stressful years yet. I believe when my brother was nestling in her tummy, she tried hard to find more teachers and manage more things to make her business better. But then I wonder how does Manuel get the talent of playing the piano?

Megan's part fascinates me the most. Mom's business boomed with success as she accepted a good big number of students and staff. She was immersed into the habit of counting stashes of bucks, and this caused Megan in her body to be enthusiastic in flipping money. (Remind you of a once-famous-Disney-Channel-show? The boy with the mind of a salesman with the last name, Baxter.) Speaking of money, Megan currently has a part-time job at a Pho restaurant (Pho is a Vietnamese noodle house).  She is definitely into working to earn her own money and to buy the things she want. Big spender. Shopaholic. Money dreamer. If you open her closet, piles of clothes with a hint of good fashion sense will dazzle before your eyes. Now she has her own savings in her bank account, I have a strong feeling that she will earn until the right amount to apply for college.

As for Maureen, I forgot what it was, but Mom's business was pretty good too when Maureen was in her pregnancy. (I'll get back to it as soon as I can) And lastly, Mona was like the most talkative girl in the family, for Mom was in charge of "Speech and Drama" classes organized by Trinity Guildhall. No wonder she talks and brags until her sentences make no sense at all.

We are given strengths and gifts from her 18 years of running Popular Tuition Center. It still exists now, but I don't know how it goes so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment