Monday 6 May 2013

Personal Narrative disadvantage

I woke up this morning with a smile. The song "Can't Take This Away" by David Choi became my theme song for the whole morning. Until then, I don't know whether the Personal Narrative course is the course for me. I plan to take the memoir writing course for my second year. And as you read my previous posts in this blog, I would like to give it a try because I like to write stories about my life and I love sharing to friends that I trust. The thing that bothers me is the workshops. In the Creative Writing courses I've taken, I struggle in trying to give comments to peers about their works. This is my last shot. If I didn't get at least a B in this course, I won't be able to get into the second year course I want. Sigh..I don't know...If I didn't achieve this, it's like the end of my dreams. I want to improve, but if I don't speak, I'll get screwed. Screw you, this incredibly verbal fear of mine. Every time I speak in front of new people, I stammer and try to collect myself to speak slowly and clearly.

I hope I can survive this term. Even though it's painful for me to speak long sentences, I have to try. It's the only way for me to get high grades. Sorry, antisocial, zip-the-mouth girl, I have to try. The assignments in this course look amazing. Writing a portrait (should I write about my best friend again? or maybe I should write about another person, but who is that other person who inspire me in my life?), a travel narrative(oo China! That could be a good one to write about!), a family incident (I can't seem to find a clear one, there were too many!), and a memoir chapter (cool! I could write about my bullied experience!). I know! It's like writing a autobiographic journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment